Stick Dog (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Stick Dog series.
- #2: Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog (Hardcover): $12.99
- #3: Stick Dog Chases a Pizza (Hardcover): $12.99
- #4: Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream (Hardcover): $12.99
- #5: Stick Dog Tries to Take the Donuts (Hardcover): $12.99
- #6: Stick Dog Slurps Spaghetti (Hardcover): $12.99
- #7: Stick Dog Craves Candy (Hardcover): $12.99
- #8: Stick Dog Crashes a Party (Hardcover): $12.99
- #9: Stick Dog Gets the Tacos (Hardcover): $12.99
- #10: Stick Dog Meets His Match (Hardcover): $12.99
Introducing everyone's new best friend: Stick Dog!
He'll make you laugh...he'll make you cry...but above all, he'll make you hungry!
Follow Stick Dog as he goes on an epic quest for the perfect burger. With hilarious text and stick-figure drawings, reluctant readers will eat this one up!
Perfect for fans of such series as Dog Man, Big Nate, Timmy Failure, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
About the Author
Tom Watson lives in Chicago with his wife, daughter, and son. He also has a dog, as you could probably guess. The dog is a Labrador-Newfoundland mix. Tom says he looks like a Labrador with a bad perm. He wanted to name the dog "Put Your Shirt On" (please don't ask why), but he was outvoted by his family. The dog's name is Shadow. Early in his career Tom worked in politics, including a stint as the chief speechwriter for the governor of Ohio. This experience helped him develop the unique, storytelling narrative style of the Stick Dog books. More important, Tom's time in politics made him realize a very important thing: Kids are way smarter than adults. And it's a lot more fun and rewarding to write stories for them than to write speeches for grown-ups.
“Get ready to laugh (and crave a burger or two) in this first of many Stick Dog adventures.”
Children will be drawn in by the easily relatable animal emotions in this simple and sweet story. A great book to use as a teaching opportunity for toddlers and parents alike. - Jessica