Killing Orders: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #3) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the V.I. Warshawski Novels series.
- #1: Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski Novels #1) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #2: Deadlock (V.I. Warshawski Novels #2) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #4: Bitter Medicine (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #4) (Paperback): $10.99
- #5: Blood Shot (V.I. Warshawski Novels #5) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #6: Burn Marks (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #7: Guardian Angel (MP3 CD): Not available
- #10: Total Recall (V.I. Warshawski Novels #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $10.99
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Fire Sale (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Body Work (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #14) (Paperback): $10.99
- #15: Breakdown (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #15) (Paperback): $10.99
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Brush Back (Hardcover): $27.95
- #20: Shell Game: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #20) (Paperback): $16.99
From New York Times Bestselling Author Sara Paretsky comes another electrifying novel of suspense in her beloved V. I. Warshawski series…
They say blood is thicker than water. Private eye V. I. Warshawski has her doubts, especially when it comes to the bad blood between her and her great-aunt Rosa. But when the old lady reaches out, V. I. answers the call.
The good friars at St. Albertus Magnus Priory, Rosa’s long-time employers, have cashed in on valuable securities from their safe…only to discover they were counterfeits. Suspended under a cloud of suspicion, Rosa wants V. I. to clear her name. Exonerate a senior citizen who’s never missed Sunday mass? Easy enough—or so V. I. thinks before a mystery brought to her by new flame Roger Ferrant crosses paths with Rosa’s case.
The deeper V. I. digs, the more someone wants her to take her shovel and go home—someone who threatens to blind her with acid, and won’t stop there. Because corruption’s tentacles reach farther than V. I. imagined; from her family to Chicago’s infamous Family…and from a monastery’s hushed hallways to the highest echelons of the Church.
About the Author
Hailed by P. D. James as “the most remarkable” of modern crime writers, Sara Paretsky is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-two novels, including the renowned V.I. Warshawski series. She is one of only four living writers to have received both the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America and the Cartier Diamond Dagger from the Crime Writers Association of Great Britain. She lives in Chicago.
Okay, don't get me wrong, this book is VERY different from Harry Potter. But comparing it to Harry Potter serves my purposes here very well so bear with me: This book is like a teen-Harry Potter series, complete with a British boarding school for magic and an abundance of quirky characters that fill this charming world. However, the magic system is based off of language and the influence of it has on culture. And also, most importantly, in this world, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy are terribly and disastrously in love with one another.
This book is a triumphant, wonderful, and absolutely iconic piece of Young Adult literature. Devour it and don't miss the fantastic sequel, Wayward Son! (And hopefully a third book very soon too...)
(Young Adult ages 13+) - reviewed by Isabel