Gold Rush! (The Oregon Trail #7) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the The Oregon Trail series.
- #1: The Race to Chimney Rock (The Oregon Trail #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Danger at the Haunted Gate (The Oregon Trail #2) (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: The Search for Snake River (The Oregon Trail #3) (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: The Road to Oregon City (The Oregon Trail #4) (Hardcover): $16.49
- #8: Calamity in the Cold (The Oregon Trail #8) (Paperback): $7.99
You’re in the middle of the Gold Rush, pioneer—and you are headed west on the Oregon Trail with hopes to strike it rich in this choose-your-own-trail experience. Travel in your large wagon train and decide whether you’ll stay the course to Oregon or take the California Trail toward Sacramento. Do your choices lead to a fortune-filled future, or will they lead you straight into danger? Westward ho!
A fun, fast-moving middle-grade adventure story with lots of humor. After feisty Maeve gets in trouble once again at her Victorian London boarding school for "Upright Young Ladies" she's forced to sort through the school's garbage. Amazingly, she discovers an old sardine tin that contains a grouchy djinni and his 3 wishes. After her first wish is wasted and her secret's been exposed, others try to steal the djinni for their own selfish purposes. Maeve, with the help of her roommate, Alive, and Tom, an orphan boy, has to use her ingenuity and spunk to retrieve her djinni and decide what to do with her last wish. Along the way she learns a lot about herself and about friendship means. Will she use her last wish for her own dreams, or will she be a true friend and give it away?
Ages 8+ - reviewed by Nikki