I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (I Survived Graphic Novel #1): A Graphix Book (Library Edition) (I Survived Graphic Novels #1) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #2: Nature Attacks! (I Survived True Stories #2) (Hardcover): $12.99
- #3: I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (I Survived #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (I Survived #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (I Survived #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (I Survived #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (I Survived #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (I Survived #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79 (I Survived #10) (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (I Survived #11) (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (I Survived #12) (Paperback): $5.99
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Paperback): $5.99
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Library Edition) (Hardcover): $18.69
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Paperback): $4.99
- #16: I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 (I Survived #16) (Paperback): $4.99
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (I Survived #17) (Paperback): $4.99
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (I Survived #18) (Paperback): $4.99
- #19: I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived #19) (Paperback): $5.99
- #20: I Survived the California Wildfires, 2018 (I Survived #20) (Paperback): $5.99
70 years later, the bombing of Pearl Harbor comes to life for a new generation of readers
History's most terrifying moments are brought vividly to life in the action-packed fictional I SURVIVED series Do you have what it takes to survive ... the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
Eleven-year-old Danny Crane is alone on his favorite beach in Hawaii when the world is torn apart and World War II officially hits the United States. Does he have what it takes to find his way home in the midst of the bombs, the smoke, and the destruction of the day that will live in infamy?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis is the editor of Scholastic's Storyworks magazine and group editorial director for language arts for Scholastic classroom magazines, in addition to being the author of the I Survived series and the critically acclaimed novels Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree and Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.
Praise for I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912:
"The fast pace and intrinsically fascinating disaster story will keep readers turning the pages." -- Kirkus
Praise for I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916:
"This is a gripping story that will hold the interest of reluctant readers." -- SLJ
Tidesong follows young witch Sophie who wants nothing more than to study magic and to study hard! But her plans for training are not going so smoothly; especially not when she accidentally beaches a water dragon named Lir, and their magic becomes entangled—hopefully not forever! This gentle story surrounds you with engaging characters and magical world-building, with wonderful commentary around our own toxic internal dialogues of self-criticism and fear. It’s a story of learning to trust yourself, in the face of both your successes and your mistakes.
(Graphic Novel, Ages 9+) - reviewed by Isabel