Beauty Queen (Whatever After #7) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Whatever After series.
- #1: Fairest of All (Whatever After #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Sink or Swim (Whatever After #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Dream On (Whatever After #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Bad Hair Day (Whatever After #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9) (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10) (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After #11) (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Seeing Red (Whatever After #12) (Paperback): $5.99
- #13: Spill the Beans (Whatever After #13) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #14: Good as Gold (Whatever After #14) (Hardcover): $14.99
Hoorah! Or, maybe not. When Jonah picks a rose from the Beast's garden, he messes up the story. The Beast is so angry he takes my brother prisoner... instead of Beauty! But if the Beast doesn't meet and fall in love with Beauty, then his curse will never be lifted and Jonah will be trapped in the palace forever!
Now I have to:
- Find Beauty
- Deal with a wicked fairy named Jax
- Restore Jonah's memory
- Play matchmaker
If I don't fix this mess in time, the situation could get pretty ugly...
About the Author
"An uproariously funny read. The swift pace of the tale and non-stop action... will enchant readers from the first page." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Hilarious... with unexpected plot twists and plenty of girl power." -- Booklist
"Giddy, fizzy, hilarious fun!" -- Lauren Myracle, author of Luv Ya Bunches
"Tons of fractured fairy tale fun!" -- Meg Cabot, author of Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls and The Princess Diaries
"The feminist in me adored it, and the mother in me loved how my daughter would long to cuddle in close as we read together." -- Danielle Herzog, blogging for The Washington Post
This book is an EPIC, to be sure! It spans millennia, taking you through the life of a so-called "lesser goddess", Circe, who we come to know intimately and to love dearly. Circe's story is a quiet one, yet a righteously triumphant redemption story, as she comes into her own power and owns the world as her own. You find yourself riveted, rooting for Circe’s successes and growing power at every turn. Madeline Miller's words read like poetry, every sentence a living thing in itself, full of so much...Oh, what a true PLEASURE to read!!
(Adult Fiction) - reviewed by Isabel