Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Whatever After series.
- #1: Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After Special Edition #1) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #2: Abby in Oz (Whatever After Special Edition #2) (Whatever After: Special Edition #2) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #3: Sink or Swim (Whatever After #3) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #4: Dream On (Whatever After #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Bad Hair Day (Whatever After #5) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #6: Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Beauty Queen (Whatever After #7) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #10: Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #11: Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After #11) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #12: Seeing Red (Whatever After #12) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: Spill the Beans (Whatever After #13) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #14: Good as Gold (Whatever After #14) (Hardcover): $14.99
Except we do wind up going through the mirror, this time into the story of The Frog Prince. The princess, who's supposed to transform the cute little frog back into a handsome prince, turns out to be super rude. Jonah and I decide we don't want -- or need -- her help. We can take matters into our own hands and turn the frog into a prince ourselves! Can't we?
Now we just have to:
- Climb out of a smelly well
- Canoe over a waterfall
- Sneak into a palace
- Kiss a frog (ack)!
And there's no time to waste -- let's hop to it!
About the Author
"An uproariously funny read. The swift pace of the tale and non-stop action . . . will enchant readers from the first page." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Hilarious . . . with unexpected plot twists and plenty of girl power." -- Booklist
"Giddy, fizzy, hilarious fun!" -- Lauren Myracle, author of Luv Ya Bunches
"Tons of fractured fairy tale fun!" -- Meg Cabot, author of Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls and The Princess Diaries
"The feminist in me adored it, and the mother in me loved how my daughter would long to cuddle in close as we read together." -- Danielle Herzog, blogging for The Washington Post
This utterly charming debut by Julie Abe will win the hearts of young readers and parents alike with its tale of a semi-magical witch sent on a quest to earn her Novice Witch rank. With a “wink” to angel Clarence of It’s A Wonderful Life, who was sent to earth to get his wings, Abe’s young Eva Evergreen has her mission “to always do good”, for her adopted village of Auteri and to guard and protect the village from the all-dreaded Culling. With only a minimal amount of magic in her arsenal, she uses her strong mechanical and repair abilities to make up for what she lacks in powerful magic. Eva calls on her new found friends of Auteri in this race-to-the-finish adventure that has more story left to tell. This will be one terrific real aloud as well as an accessible tale to delight newly independent readers. Julie Abe is an author to watch!