Seeing Red (Whatever After #12) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Whatever After series.
- #1: Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After Special Edition #1) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #2: Abby in Oz (Whatever After Special Edition #2) (Whatever After: Special Edition #2) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #3: Sink or Swim (Whatever After #3) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #4: Dream On (Whatever After #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Bad Hair Day (Whatever After #5) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #6: Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Beauty Queen (Whatever After #7) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #8: Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #10: Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #11: Two Peas in a Pod (Whatever After #11) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: Spill the Beans (Whatever After #13) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #14: Good as Gold (Whatever After #14) (Hardcover): $14.99
I really want the magic mirror in my basement to take me to my friend's sleepover party. But of course, I end up falling into a fairy tale -- Little Red Riding Hood!
When my brother, Jonah, and I bump into Little Red in the forest, we try to warn her about the big, bad (and hungry) wolf who's coming after her and her grandmother.
But at Little Red's grandma's house, there's a BIG surprise in store . . .
Now we have to:
- Avoid becoming a wolf snack
- Hide out in the most epic tree house ever
- Teach Little Red to stand up for herself
- Discover a secret about our own family
Otherwise, we'll be in a HOWL lot of trouble!
About the Author
"An uproariously funny read. The swift pace of the tale and non-stop action . . . will enchant readers from the first page." -- Kirkus Reviews
"Hilarious . . . with unexpected plot twists and plenty of girl power." -- Booklist
"Giddy, fizzy, hilarious fun!" -- Lauren Myracle, author of Luv Ya Bunches
"Tons of fractured fairy tale fun!" -- Meg Cabot, author of Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls and The Princess Diaries
"The feminist in me adored it, and the mother in me loved how my daughter would long to cuddle in close as we read together." -- Danielle Herzog, blogging for The Washington Post
Raw, gritty and acutely tuned to his community, Matt Mendez' debut blends authenticity with poignancy, heartbreak with heartfelt, this emotionally true contemporary story about 2 El Paso teens and a mom of one of the boys, will keep you riveted and engaged. Comparisons to Jason Reynolds, Matt de la Pena and Angie Thomas are accurate but Mendez is a break out star to be watched. This wallop of a tale should be handed to high school kids en masse. - Maureen