Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin #4) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Elemental Assassin series.
- #1: Spider's Bite: An Elemental Assassin Book (Mass Market): $10.99
- #2: Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin #2) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #3: Venom: An Elemental Assassin Book (Mass Market): $8.79
- #5: Spider's Revenge (Elemental Assassin #5) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #6: By a Thread (Elemental Assassin #6) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #7: Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin #7) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #8: Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin #8) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #9: Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin #9) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #10: The Spider (Elemental Assassin #10) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #11: Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin #11) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #12: Black Widow (Elemental Assassin #12) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #13: Spider's Trap (Elemental Assassin #13) (Mass Market): $8.79
- #14: Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin #14) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #15: Unraveled (Elemental Assassin #15) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #16: Snared (Elemental Assassin #16) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #17: Venom in the Veins: An Elemental Assassin Book (Paperback): $17.24
- #18: Sharpest Sting: An Elemental Assassin Book (Paperback): $17.24
- #19: Last Strand (Elemental Assassin #19) (Paperback): $17.24
I’d rather face a dozen lethal assassins any night than deal with something as tricky, convoluted, and fragile as my feelings.
But here I am. Gin Blanco, the semi-retired assassin known as the Spider. Hovering outside sexy businessman Owen Grayson’s front door like a nervous teenage girl. One thing I like about Owen: he doesn’t shy away from my past—or my present. And right now I have a bull’s-eye on my forehead. Cold-blooded Fire elemental Mab Monroe has hired one of the smartest assassins in the business to trap me. Elektra LaFleur is skilled and efficient, with deadly electrical elemental magic as potent as my own Ice and Stone powers. Which means there’s a fifty-fifty chance one of us won’t survive this battle. I intend to kill LaFleur—or die trying—because Mab wants the assassin to take out my baby sister, Detective Bria Coolidge, too. The only problem is, Bria has no idea I’m her long-lost sibling . . . or that I’m the murderer she’s been chasing through Ashland for weeks. And what Bria doesn’t know just might get us both dead. . . .
About the Author
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, Tangled Threads, Spider’s Revenge, By a Thread, Widow’s Web, Deadly Sting, Heart of Venom, The Spider, Poison Promise, Black Widow, Spider’s Trap, Bitter Bite, Unraveled, and Snared, along with the e-shorts Thread of Death, Parlor Tricks, Kiss of Venom, Unwanted, and Nice Guys Bite are the other works in her red-hot Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series. Jennifer is also the author of the Black Blade and Mythos Academy young adult urban fantasy series and the Bigtime paranormal romance series. For more on Jennifer and her books, visit her at JenniferEstep.com and @Jennifer_Estep.
"It’s assassin vs. assassin in the fourth chapter of Estep’s outstanding Elemental Assassin series. Gin Blanco is one the most intriguing heroines on the scene today. As the action heats up, Estep thoughtfully reveals additional aspects of Gin’s character, showcasing her evolution. If you have not gotten on the Gin bandwagon yet, do so today!"
- Romantic Times, Top Pick! (4 1/2 stars)
“Estep has truly hit the jackpot with this outstanding series!” —Romantic Times
“Gin is an assassin to die for.” —Adrian Phoenix, author of Etched in Bone
Love, grief, power, and family all come together in The Cost of Knowing as Alex struggles to live his life as a young Black man grieving over the loss of his parents and best friend. His grief must also contend with his anxiety and a mysterious power that allows him to see the future of anything he touches. When learning of an event that he would do anything to prevent, he must come to terms with the origins of his power and the consequences of his actions as a brother, boyfriend, and young Black teenager. Morris is able to dive deep into an emotionally nuanced story layering grief, masculinity, and generational trauma that will leave readers with a powerful message about regret, choice, and knowledge. A book to support with full hearts, unashamed tears, and powerful voices. - review by Jessica