Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski Novels #4) (Compact Disc)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the V.I. Warshawski Novels series.
- #1: Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski Novels #1) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #2: Deadlock (V.I. Warshawski Novels #2) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #3: Killing Orders: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #3) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #5: Blood Shot (V.I. Warshawski Novels #5) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #6: Burn Marks (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #7: Guardian Angel (MP3 CD): Not available
- #10: Total Recall (V.I. Warshawski Novels #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $10.99
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Fire Sale (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Body Work (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #14) (Paperback): $10.99
- #15: Breakdown (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #15) (Paperback): $10.99
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Brush Back (Hardcover): $27.95
- #20: Shell Game: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #20) (Paperback): $16.99
Chicago private eye V.I. Warshawski knows from the start that Consuelo Alvarado's baby is trouble. Consuelo is sixteen. Diabetic. And the daughter of a friend. When she goes into labor too early, even V. I.'s wild drive to get her to the hospital can't save either Consuelo or her child. Soon V.I. is investigating possible malpractice at the emergency room - and falling for a doctor who works there. Mixing business and love is always bad medicine, but V.I. finds herself listening to her heart, not her head. And when a brutal murder and the violent destruction of a woman's clinic put her at the center of a very dirty conspiracy, justice may be the only remedy for a hurt that cuts deep . . .and chills right to the bone . . . "The plot is] fast moving, the dialogue snappy, the premise for murder persuasive. This novel hasn't a single snag in its springs." - Chicago Sun-Times "Paretsky is still the best . . .She doesn't pull punches." - The Washington Post Book World.
This is my desert island book. It is the most perfect high-fantasy book I’ve ever read, with everything I could ever want: dragons, diverse characters that you absolutely fall in love with, fantastic settings and kingdoms, dragons, great plot that leaves you riveted, the sights and smells and sounds of the worlds you're in, dragons, love stories that leave you aching, epic battle scenes..... And did I mention dragons??
This is a book that I literally still think about daily. And nearly every day I’m tempted to pluck it off my shelf again and slip right back into that beloved world again.
Do not fear the large page-count-- I am a slow reader, but it did not take me long to read this huge tome! Every page is a pleasure to read and the journey sweeps you off your feet.
(Adult Fantasy) - reviewed by Isabel