Total Recall (V.I. Warshawski Novels #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the V.I. Warshawski Novels series.
- #1: Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski Novels #1) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #2: Deadlock (V.I. Warshawski Novels #2) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #3: Killing Orders: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #3) (Mass Market): $10.99
- #4: Bitter Medicine (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #4) (Paperback): $10.99
- #5: Blood Shot (V.I. Warshawski Novels #5) (Compact Disc): $65.97
- #6: Burn Marks (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #7: Guardian Angel (MP3 CD): This book is never available from our store
- #11: Blacklist (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Fire Sale (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Hardball (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Body Work (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #14) (Paperback): $10.99
- #15: Breakdown (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #15) (Paperback): $10.99
- #16: Critical Mass (A V.I. Warshawski Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Brush Back (Hardcover): $27.95
- #20: Shell Game: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels #20) (Paperback): $16.99
In Total Recall, Sara Paretsky brings together several disparate plots in one gripping story. This powerfully suspenseful novel confronts the machinations of a vast and corrupt industry that trades on the victims of Nazi terrorism; the strange and dubious phenomenon of "recovered memory;" and a personal story that brings V. I. Warshawski into the long-buried past of her dearest friend and mentor, Dr. Lotty Herschel. Lotty was a child of nine when she came to England in 1939 as a refugee from Austria. Having lost her entire family to the Nazi terror, she grew up and completed her medical training in London - and there fell in love with a fellow refugee. She ended the affair when she discovered she was pregnant and bore the child in secrecy, giving it up for adoption. Now, that long-held secret may be exposed. At a national conference in Chicago on Jews in Modern America, a man with recovered memories makes a dramatic appearance and claim - and his name brings consternation to Lotty. V.I. is retained to find out whether or not he is a surviving relative of Lotty's. It's a search that meshes stunningly with the pursuit of another case she is on - for what she uncovers, to her great peril, is brutal insurance fraud on an international scale. Total Recall is Paretsky's most spectacular achievement to date, and takes V.I. to new heights of gusto, guts, passion for justice - and risk.
I am unable to put into words how much I loved this book. Each of Sandhya's pervious books are wonderful (When Dimple Met Rishi and From Twinkle, With Love). I read this book all in one night and was so happy with it that I sat down the next morning to write down my thoughts but I felt so intimidated by how much joy this book brought me. Strange to belive, but I just don't think my words would be able to describe to you the sweet happiness, quiet power, and gentle love in this story. All I can tell you is that this book will leave you grinning from ear-to-ear.