The Messenger (Compact Disc)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Gabriel Allon Novels series.
- #1: The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon #1) (MP3 CD): $10.99
- #2: The English Assassin (Gabriel Allon #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Confessor (Gabriel Allon #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: A Death in Vienna (Gabriel Allon #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Prince of Fire (Compact Disc): $9.99
- #7: Casa de Espías (House of Spies): Una Novela (a Novel) (Gabriel Allon #7) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #8: La Otra Mujer (the Other Woman): Una Novela (a Novel) (Gabriel Allon #8) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #9: The Defector (Compact Disc): $107.77
- #11: Portrait of a Spy (Gabriel Allon #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: The Fallen Angel (Gabriel Allon #12) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #13: The English Girl (Gabriel Allon #13) (Paperback): $16.99
- #14: The Heist (Gabriel Allon #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: The English Spy (Gabriel Allon #15) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: La Viuda Negra (the Black Widow): Un Juego Mortal de la Venganza (a Deadly Game of Revenge) (Gabriel Allon #16) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #17: House of Spies: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #17) (Paperback): $16.99
- #18: The Other Woman: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #18) (Paperback): $16.99
- #19: The New Girl: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #19) (Hardcover): $28.99
Gabriel Allon, art restorer and spy, is about to face the greatest challenge of his life.
Allon is recovering from his grueling showdown with a Palestinian master terrorist, when terrorism comes to find him once again. An al-Qaeda suspect is killed in London, and photographs are found on his computer--photographs that lead Israeli intelligence to suspect that al-Qaeda is planning one of its most audacious attacks ever, straight at the heart of the Vatican.
Allon warns his old friend Monsignor Luigi Donati, the pope's private secretary, and rushes to Rome to assist in security, but what neither he nor Donati knows is that the Vatican has been thoroughly penetrated. An extraordinary enemy walks among them...and he's just getting started.
In the days and weeks to come, Allon and his colleagues will find themselves in a deadly duel of wits against one of the most dangerous men in the world--a hunt that will take them across Europe to the Caribbean and back. But for them, there may simply not be enough of anything: enough time, enough facts, enough luck.
All Allon can do is set his trap--and hope that he is not the one caught in it.
I loved this Gothic thriller infused with brittle ice, treacherous snow and an unforgiving sea, and in the hands of author Lea, this Icelandic tale set in brutal & harsh 1680’s is not for the faint of heart. Rosa is married off, as the obedient second wife, to a prosperous chieftain of a far off village, where tensions are high, reading runes is a burnable offense, and all sorts of dark, suspicions lie in wait for Rosa. A palpable yearning develops within Rosa, whose strength and wits are at first deceptive as she navigates her abysmal loneliness & isolation & fraught relationships in this repressed society. A shivery story that will hold you through the very last sentence includes a very useful glossary of Icelandic terms. - review by Maureen