Body Work (V. I. Warshawski #14) (MP3 CD)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the V. I. Warshawski series.
- #1: Indemnity Only: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Deadlock: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $8.79
- #3: Killing Orders (V. I. Warshawski #3) (MP3 CD): $10.99
- #4: Bitter Medicine (V. I. Warshawski #4) (MP3 CD): $10.99
- #5: Blood Shot: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $8.79
- #6: Burn Marks: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $8.79
- #7: Guardian Angel: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $9.89
- #8: Tunnel Vision: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $9.89
- #9: Hard Time: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $8.79
- #10: Total Recall: A V. I. Warshawski Novel (Mass Market): $8.79
- #11: Blacklist (Abridged / MP3 CD): Not available
- #15: Breakdown (V. I. Warshawski #15) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $10.99
- #16: Critical Mass (V. I. Warshawski #16) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $13.19
- #17: Brush Back (Compact Disc): Not available
September 2010 Indie Next List
“V.I. Warshawski is back on the case. This investigation finds death at a local night club full of odd characters. From the artist who lets people draw art on her body to the burly thugs who hang out there and the young vets trying to keep their post-Iraq War demons at bay, Body Work is one terrific read. Highly recommended!”
— Linda Dewberry, Whodunit? Books, Olympia, WA
"The thing about Sara Paretsky is, she's tough--not because she observes the bone-breaker conventions of the private-eye genre but because she doesn't flinch from examining old social injustices others might find too shameful (and too painful) to dig up." --The New York Times Book Review
"Doctors take days off--why not PIs?" V.I. Warshawski demands. But when America's hardest-working private eye goes clubbing, a stranger is shot and dies in her arms.
V.I. has been visiting Club Gouge, Chicago's edgiest nightspot, where a woman known as the Body Artist turns her naked body into a canvas for the audience to paint on.
The show attracts all kinds of people, from a menacing off-duty cop to Ukrainian mobsters and Iraq war vets--and V.I.'s impetuous cousin, Petra. A tormented young painter shows up, too, and the intricate designs she creates on the Body Artist drive one of the vets into a violent rage.
When the painter is shot, the cops figure it's an easy collar--PTSD vet goes off the rails, stalks then kills young woman. But the vet's family hires V.I. to clear his name, and the detective uncovers a chain of ugly truths that stretches all the way from Iraq to Chicago's South Side.
Fun stories for those just learning how to read. Though I love the book, I can't guarantee I will sit still long enough to listen. There is just so much to explore. - Pippi, bookstore cat