Popular Preorders

Diary Of A Minecraft Teenage Spy 4: Book 4: 'Journey To The End' (Hardcover)

Diary Of A Minecraft Teenage Spy 4: Book 4: 'Journey To The End' Cover Image
By Sammy Spy, Diego Báez (Illustrator), Bex Sutton (Illustrator)
$25.99
Available to Order from Our Warehouse

Description


My name is Sammy and I am a teenage spy. I also live in Overworld, one of the Minecraft realms.


We are facing a threat from our biggest enemy yet. Somehow, we have found ourselves in a war between kin. Enderman against Enderman against Enderdragon. Somehow, we got involved, and it is up to us to end it.


Along with my friends, my dragon, and my cat, I'm about 85% sure that we will be able to do this. The other 15% is split in two: 5% doubt, and 10% nervous sneezes.


We have to travel to The End to get back my uncle, but first we have to make our way there. To do this, we need to enter the Netherworld to find the right tools.


I hope that we are not too late to save my uncle and Nocte's fire farts don't get us into trouble... Knock on wood




Product Details
ISBN: 9781636492094
ISBN-10: 1636492096
Publisher: Caroline Treanor International Books
Publication Date: September 24th, 2020
Pages: 116
Language: English

Harry Potter Audiobooks through Libro.fm

Staff Picks

Displacement is simply incredible. This story follows a young girl, Kiku, living in San Fransisco who has been making small efforts to connect with her Japanese American descent, when suddenly, Kiku begins to be whisked away in time and place—what she calls being “displaced”—and she realizes she is being pulled into the time of Japanese American incarceration during WWII. These displacements keep happening, until suddenly, Kiku is trapped in the past. She is displaced into a Japanese incarceration camp, and must learn to live during this terrible time and place for her fellow Japanese Americans, without knowing if she’ll ever return. This graphic novel is so quietly powerful and so superbly genius in the way it tells the story. Kiku discusses these displacements and how horrifying it is to be taken from her home and unsure of when she’ll ever get back—which functions as a perfect allegory to the very experience of those Japanese Americans who were taken from their homes and their lives wrongfully, without knowing where they were going or how long they’d be there. It connects the reader to this painful, real experience in an amazing way. This graphic novel is also deeply educational, taking you through many facets and details of the experience of those Japanese Americans who lived through these camps, while also pointing out how limited public education is around this terrible part of our American history. Displacement will stay with me forever; this gem is a must-have for any graphic novel collection, and an extremely important read for all Americans.

(Graphic Novel, Ages 10+) - reviewed by Isabel