Maggie Stiefvater presents All the Crooked Saints
Once Upon A Time in partnership with the Glendale Central Library presents:
The wait is over! Maggie fans get ready for her newest book, All the Crooked Saints
Once Upon a Time is delighted to have Maggie Stiefvater back visiting us amongst her fans here in Southern California. Based on expected crowd size, we are holding this event at the newly renovated Glendale Downtown Library just steps from The Americana. (2nd floor auditorium) During Maggie's presentation, which is free, she will be speaking, reading from All the Crooked Saints, and answering audience questions. Maggie will also be signing and personalizing books. Please see signing guidelines* below for details.
Here is a thing everyone wants:
Here is a thing everyone fears:
What it takes to get one.
Any visitor to Bicho Raro, Colorado is likely to find a landscape of dark saints, forbidden love, scientific dreams, miracle-mad owls, estranged affections, one or two orphans, and a sky full of watchful desert stars.
At the heart of this place you will find the Soria family, who all have the ability to perform unusual miracles. And at the heart of this family are three cousins longing to change its future: Beatriz, the girl without feelings, who wants only to be free to examine her thoughts; Daniel, the Saint of Bicho Raro, who performs miracles for everyone but himself; and Joaquin, who spends his nights running a renegade radio station under the name Diablo Diablo.
They are all looking for a miracle. But the miracles of Bicho Raro are never quite what you expect.
A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS GOES TO FRIENDS OF THE GLENDALE LIBRARY.
1. As Maggie is a strong supporter of independent bookstores, signing line priority will be given attendee purchasing one of Maggie Stiefvater's books listed below from Once Upon A Time. Keep your receipt! When buying on our website, be sure to indicate in the comments section you will be attending the event and will pick up at the Library on the evening of the event. If you can't make the event, but want a personalized signed book, you must include shipping charges, and in the comments section, indicate personalization and we will ship out to you after the event.
2. Maggie will be happy to sign other books brought from home; how many will be determined based on the length of the signing line the day of the event.
3. Photos are permitted and encouraged - NO flash photography. Video is NOT permitted.
4. Lineups for the presentation will start at 6pm.
5. We reserve the right to alter the signing guidelines based on crowd size, or other issues that may come up.
About the Author: Maggie Stiefvater has been called “a master storyteller” by USA Today, and “one of the finest YA novelists writing today” by Entertainment Weekly. She is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Shiver series. Her stand-alone novel The Scorpio Races was named a Michael L. Printz Honor Book by the American Library Association. Stiefvater’s #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Raven Cycle, has received 19 starred reviews from industry journals across four books. The first book in the series The Raven Boys was a PW Best Book of the Year, the second book, The Dream Thieves, was an ALA Best Book for Young Adults, and the fourth and final book in the series, The Raven King, was called a “crowning achievement” by School Library Journal. Maggie’s new YA stand-alone All the Crooked Saints will be published by Scholastic on October 10, 2017. Stiefvater is also an artist and musician. She lives in Virginia with her husband and their two children. You can visit her online at www.maggiestiefvater.com.
We are no longer accepting pre-orders. Maggie's books will be available to purchase the night of the event at the library.
Support Once Upon A Time Events
Want to stay updated about our latest events?
Sign up for our email newsletter here!
You'll get sucked into this mystery with a wry sense of humor just as curmudgeon Sheldon Horowitz does. As he reluctantly moves in with his granddaughter in Oslo, Norway, he becomes involved in protecting a young boy and in the process is changed. One of my favorites. - Nikki