Turtles All the Way Down Midnight Release Party
Calling all Nerdfighters and John Green readers!
Once Upon A Time is excited to host a midnight release party for John Green's newest book, Turtles All the Way Down!
Purchase of Turtles All the Way Down and indicating and RSVP will reserve a ticket to our release party. The RSVP is free with a purchase of a book. Not including in your purchase means you just want the book and no party ticket will be included.
Check back for more details on the party.
10 facts about the new book:
- The book is called Turtles All the Way Down
- It begins with a fugitive billionaire and a cash reward.
- The story is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, and Star Wars fan fiction.
- It’s also about Tuatara, which are reptiles that live in New Zealand. They look like lizards, but aren’t.
- Its heroine is 16 year-old Aza Holmes.
- Aza sets out to look for clues to find the missing billionaire, whilst grappling with mental illness.
Her story is partly inspired by some of John’s own experiences. He says: “This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood, so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal."
John’s last book was published six years ago, and he’ s been working on this one for years. But that’s not unusual – The Fault in Our Stars took 10 years to write.
Readers should expect plenty of metaphors! In John’s words: "The great thing about figurative language and symbols and the like in novels is that you don’t have to be conscious of them for them to work."
Turtles All the Way Down will be published on October 10, 2017.
See you on October 10!
LIMITED EDITION - while supplies last
You'll get sucked into this mystery with a wry sense of humor just as curmudgeon Sheldon Horowitz does. As he reluctantly moves in with his granddaughter in Oslo, Norway, he becomes involved in protecting a young boy and in the process is changed. One of my favorites. - Nikki